This privacy statement is drawn up in the English language under English law. If this privacy statement is translated into another language, the English language text shall in any event prevail. The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Rapide Communication (trading as Rant & Rave) on this website and by using the Rapide Communication website generally you agree to this use.
Use of your Personal Information
1. When you register and use this site: a) You will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data electronically or otherwise.
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us: a) to contact you in relation to any query you make via our website; b) in relation to any contractual relationship or negotiations you enter into with us; c) to register you with our website and to administer our website services; d) for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer; e) to enable us to provide you and other users with relevant information through our marketing programme. We may keep you informed of our products and services which we believe will be of interest to you by any of the following methods: e-mail telephone post fax If you do not wish to receive information of such products and services, please let us know when registering/providing your contact details on this website. f) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we believe will be of interest to you from the information we have; g) to administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties such as credit checks and additional mailing lists.
Disclosure of your Information
5. We will not give information about you to third parties other than the following who may use it for the same purposes as set out above: a) to employees and agents of Rapide Communication to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by Rapide Communication now or in the future; b) agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the products and services we offer to your specific needs; c) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions.
6. We may disclose information about you to third parties if we have a duty to do so or if the law requires us to do so.
7. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our web site. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our web site more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our web site. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. Alternatively you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.allaboutcookies.org Rapide Communication is not responsible for the content of external websites. Go to the heading “Manage Cookies”. Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the “help” heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on “cookies” – an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
8. Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your address or telephone number. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
9. Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network. Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our web sites.
10. We only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to our website, except where you save your login name as referred to above.
11. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you, upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us.
12. Please be aware that our site may link to other web sites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked web sites.