Developing customer excellence
Nigel Shanahan, Rapide MD, also took the opportunity to address delegates and gave a presentation on the future of customer feedback which outlined his views on the best practice of gathering and understanding customer comments and highlighted latest industry research. He also discussed how Rapide is helping key clients such as Clarks, East Coast Trains and Honda to capture, process, analyse and act on customer feedback.
Some key takeaway points from the presentation were:
• Capturing feedback at the point of service delivery increases response rates and accuracy by 40%
• Organisations are ignoring 75% of feedback
• Of the number of people who will complain - 4% will go directly to the brand, while 96% will grumble to someone else, in person, or through some form of social media.
• The average SMS is read within 4 minutes while an email is read within 48 hours
• SMS is the perfect channel to engage your customers
• Twitter linked with text messaging is shaping the future of feedback
For a free copy of the presentation email email@example.com
Speaking about the event Nigel commented:
"It was a privilege to speak at, and sponsor the CSN event. We are finding that more and more organisations are changing their approach to customer feedback, with text messaging playing a pivotal role. By capturing feedback straight after service delivery accuracy is increased by 40%, and leaving your comments by mobile is the perfect medium as it is always with the customer and rarely turned off. Text messaging can also be linked to other communication channels like voice to enhance your conversations."